Write short notes on the following:-
1. Aetiology of Gastric Cancer.
2. Newer Modalities in diagnosis of abdominal tuberculosis.
3. Ranson’s criteria for prognostication in acute pancreatitis.
4. Management of Follicular Carcinoma of Thyroid.
5. Diagnosis and management of Non-Palpable Breast Lesion.
6. Management of Recurrent Varicose Veins.
7. Surgical Audit.
8. Management of bile duct injury discoveries during laparoscopic cholecystectomy.
9. Segmental anatomy of the liver.
10. Management of “Shattered” liver following Blunt Abdominal Trauma.
11. MALT Lymphomas (Mucosa Associated Lymphoid Tissue).
12. Management of Sigmoid Volvulus.
13. .Complications of Splenectomy.
14. Investigations used for localization of parathyroid adenoma.
15. Management of Secondary Bile Duct Stones.
16. Management of unresectable Cancer of the oesophagus.
17. Management of Pancreatic Necrosis.
18. Management of locally advanced rectal cancer.
19. Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors (GIST).
20. Diagnosis and treatment of Barretts Oesophagus.
21. Evaluation and management of Biliary Atresia.
22. Cystic Hygroma.
23. Management of Neonatal Intestinal Obstruction.
24. Classification of Mediastinal Neoplasms.
25. Management of Deep Vein Thrombosis.
26. . Management of Postoperative Pain.
27. Diagnostic work up for Testicular Tumors.
28. Management of hematuria in an elderly male.
29. Management of Acute Retention of Urine in a 60 yr old man.
31. (a) Risks of Blood Transfusion.
(b) Metabolic changes following massive transfusion.
(c)Blood substitutes and alternatives to transfusion.
32. (a)Classify burns.
(b)What are the synthetic and biologic dressings for burns?
(c)Fluid resuscitation for a patient with burns.
33. (a)Prognostic factors in malignant melanoma.
(b)Histopathological types of cutaneous melanoma.
(c)Systemic treatment of melanoma.
34. (a)What are the cervical lymph node levels?
(b)Describe the patterns of spread of lymph node metastases in head and neck cancer.
©Surgical management of cervical nodal metastases for head and neck cancer.
35. (a)What are the indications for bariatric surgery?
(b)Discuss briefly the surgical options.
36. (a)Blood supply of the colon.
(b)Bowel preparation for elective colonic resection.
(c)Complications of low anterior resection for carcinoma rectum.
37. Pathophysiology of Abdominal Compartment Syndrome.
38. Diagnosis of Obscure Gastrointestinal Bleeding.
39. Role of pre-operative biliary drainage for patients with surgical obstructive jaundice.
40. Classification and management of gastric varices.